All UN jobs in Phnom Penh, Cambodia
|[Saved] Cambodia: Maternal and Child Health Program ManagerClosing date: 2017-03-31Organization: People in Need Share|
|[Saved] Cambodia: Technical SpecialistClosing date: 2017-04-06Organization: Pact Share|
|[Saved] Cambodia: Education Officer, NOB, (Two positions)Closing date: 2017-04-07Organization: UN Children's Fund Share|
|[Saved] Cambodia: Senior Design ResearcherClosing date: 2017-04-10Organization: 17 Triggers Share|
|[Saved] Cambodia: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)Closing date: 2017-04-13Organization: Hagar Share|
|[Saved] Cambodia: Partnerships VolunteerClosing date: 2017-04-30Organization: Friends-International Share|
|[Saved] Human Resources Assistant, Phnom Penh, Cambodia Closing date: 2024-08-13 Share|
Save your search
Keywords : *
Duty Station : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Create an email alert
Keywords : All
Duty Station : Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Only send email alerts when there are new jobs
Share job to a friend
Cambodia: Maternal and Child Health Program Manager
Closing date: 2017-03-31Application : Apply for the job
Organization: People in Need
Closing date: 31 Mar 2017
Length of contract:12 months with possible extension
People in Need's (PIN)aim in Cambodiais to strengthen the capacity of local citizens and institutions in order to provide people with opportunities to positively transform their lives whilst not undermining the natural environment. PIN has operated in the country since 2008 and currently works in 15 provinces. PIN in cooperation with 10 local partner NGOs supports the implementation of the Royal Government of Cambodia's National Strategic Development Plan, specifically in 3 sectors: health and nutrition (incl. WASH), livelihoods & environment and disaster management and risk reduction. PIN closely cooperates with relevant government departments and Alliance2015 partners.
PIN s Health Programaims to improve the health and nutrition of women and young children. In the past 9 years, the program has supported over 100 rural health centers and benefited more than 90,000 people. Its activities have primarily focused on addressing the main causes of maternal and child death, including improving the management of post-partum hemorrhage and asphyxia; increasing community awareness on safe pregnancy and healthy nutrition; removing financial barriers to accessing health care; improving management of health centers; amongst others. To reduce child mortality and malnutrition PIN has been expanding its innovative program using mobile phone technology to deliver timely voice messages to mothers with important information on how to take care of themselves and their children under 2. PIN s health program, in its new programming phasefocuses on the following priorities:
- improving the quality of maternal and child health focussing on integrated nutrition sensitive approaches
- improving the nutrition of pregnant and lactating women and children under 2 years
- reducing neonatal and maternal mortality and morbidity in urban and rural areas
- improving WASH access to rural and urban poor challenging environments
PIN is looking for an experienced candidate with sound technical, management and fundraising expertise to perform the following responsibilities:
- ensure the quality and maximum impact of existing maternal and child health projects
- build capacity of PIN and local partners staff
- ensure continuous, need and opportunity-driven development of PIN s health program through outcome-oriented sector programming, networking, and fundraising
Description of requirements:
- Relevant academic qualification in Public Health or Development Studies
- At least 2 years of experience with designing and result-based management of development programs
- Experience in implementation of Health/nutrition/social protection related projects (preferably in South East Asia)
- Technical knowledge of and experience in managing projects improving nutrition, WASH and reducing maternal and neonatal mortality is a considerable advantage
- Excellent program development and fundraising skills, preferably with EuropeAid and USAID
- Experience in staff management and working with local partners and government institutions
- Excellent communication, teamwork and networking skills
- Friendly, participatory and results-oriented working environment with extensive opportunities for professional development
- 12 months contract
- startup salary: 2 480 2 580 USD (including per diems) and benefits
- Reimbursement of costs of visas and vaccinations
- Medical helpdesk and psychological consultation available on line
- Travel insurance
- 25 days of paid leave annually
- Accommodation covered by PIN
How to apply:
Interested applicants for the position should send their CV and cover letter as soon as possible via green button "**APPLY**" on following link: https://inhiro.com/job/id/11147. As a subject please use "Health program manager".
Please note that only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. Thank you.
Cambodia: Technical Specialist
Closing date: 2017-04-06Application : Apply for the job
Closing date: 06 Apr 2017
Title Technical Specialist
Department Name Program Advancement
At the heart of Pact is the promise of a better tomorrow. The promise of a healthy life. Of a decent livelihood. Of sustainable natural resources that benefit communities. Now more than ever in its 42-year history, Pact is helping millions of people who are poor and marginalized discover and build their own solutions and take ownership over their future.
Pact enables systemic solutions that allow those who are poor and marginalized to earn a dignified living, be healthy, and take part in the benefits that nature provides. Pact accomplishes this by strengthening local capacity, forging effective governance systems, and transforming markets into a force for development.
Pact is recruiting technical specialists with expertise in decentralization, anti-corruption, and/or media for an upcoming USAID-funded project that will support decentralization, anti-corruption, and media work in Cambodia.
The Specialists will serve as the project s technical leads for interventions that support the project s media, decentralization, and anti-corruption efforts. They will be responsible for technical leadership and technical supervision of the project in their respective technical areas, working closely with the Chief of Party, project team, other Pact governance programs, local and international partners. The positions are contingent upon award.
Provide technical inputs into project activities, including activity design, work planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation in coordination with the Chief of Party.
Oversee day-to-day implementation of the project technical activities related to decentralization, anti-corruption, and media.
Develop and maintain strong relationships with host country government, a range of local civil society organizations, technical organizations, and other relevant stakeholders.
Ensure that project activities reflect innovative and impact-driven practices and provide technical quality assurance through training, mentorship, technical support, and capacity building.
Provide leadership and technical oversight for the project s sub-awards related to decentralization, anti-corruption, and media.
Ensure that Pact provides cutting edge technical assistance and capacity development to local partners and stakeholders; conduct regular monitoring and mentoring visits to partners and stakeholders.
Represent Pact at conferences, working groups, and meetings to support Pact s thought leadership in media in Cambodia and the region.
Promote knowledge sharing and learning in project activities, and among staff and project stakeholders.
Ensure compliance with donor, Pact, and project-specific policies.
Perform other duties as assigned.
At least 7 years of experience in a senior technical role supporting decentralization, anti-corruption, and/or local media efforts in a developing country context.
Successful track record in building capacity of civil society organizations and local government in decentralization and/or anti-corruption issues, citizen engagement in government oversight, monitoring of public service delivery, working with local media organizations, developing/reviewing content for media, and/or media law.
Ability to establish strong working relationships with government officials at all levels, civil society leaders, governments, media, and international donors.
Bachelor s degree in a relevant field, such as political science, public administration, public policy, communications, media, or public relations.
Professional level English ability - both written and oral.
Demonstrated prior experience in supporting decentralization, anti-corruption, and/or media efforts in Cambodia.
Experience managing donor-funded programs and project staff.
Master's degree in a relevant field, such as political science, public administration, public policy, communications, media, or public relations.
Fluency in Khmer strongly preferred.
Experience working on USAID contracts and cooperative agreements.
How to apply:
To apply for this position, please click link: http://pactworld.force.com/careers/VanaHCM__Job_Detail?Id=a33j0000000i6Ov
Cambodia: Education Officer, NOB, (Two positions)
Closing date: 2017-04-07Application : Apply for the job
Organization: UN Children's Fund
Closing date: 07 Apr 2017
If you are qualified and looking for a chance to make a real differencein the lives of Cambodian children while gaining opportunities for career growth, you are invited to apply for the following posts with The United Nations Children's Fund.
Education Officer, (National Officer at level NO-B), two positions, to be based in Phnom Penh
Under the supervision of the Education Specialist, and technical guidance of the Chief Education, the Education Officers will focus on supporting the design, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of education sector programmes related to access to education, demand for education and statistical analysis of the education sector. The education officers will work with the Ministry of Education Youth and Sports (MoEYS) at national level as well as supporting the management of partnerships with NGOs and international donors. One Education Officer will focus on Education Data Analysis and Strategic Planning and the other on Strengthening Access and Demand for Education.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
Required Qualifications and Experience:
Expected Competencies and Skills:
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply. For more details on the position- please see the Job Description2-NOB_Education Officer_Data Analysis_2017.doc1-NOB_Education Officer_Access_2017.doc
How to apply:
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization. To apply, click on the following link http://www.unicef.org/about/employ/?job=503630
Cambodia: Senior Design Researcher
Closing date: 2017-04-10Application : Apply for the job
Organization: 17 Triggers
Closing date: 10 Apr 2017
Hi, We re 17 Triggers
We're a behavior change lab. We work around the world using design thinking, creative problem solving and human-centered design to help bring creative solutions to some of the world s biggest challenges.
Marketing for good causes is what we do. That s right, 100% good causes. Whether it s triggering Cambodian farmers to triple their crop yields, Zambian children to finish school, or rural Haitians to buy solar lights and cookstoves, we believe that creative ideas can help make the world a better place. We ve worked on projects related to health, sanitation, water, education, agriculture/food security, financial inclusion and digital financial services, climate change, family planning, safe migration, child marriage and more.
We are looking for a Senior Design Researcherto be based at our head office in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. Are you smart, open-minded and able to bring in fresh ideas? If you have the skills to create positive impact on a global level and within multiple cultures, we d love to chat with you! Keep reading to find out more about the position or or download the PDF file here!
The job at a glance
You will lead a multi-talented and diverse design team comprised of between 3-6 people, depending on the project you oversee. You will guide the team to discover the root causes of the problem. When this is found, you will come up with ideas to solve the problem. As ideas start coming to life, you will begin strategizing how to test these ideas with real people on the ground.
Some possible problems to solve could be:
- Why do rural women stop using improved cookstoves after three months even though they spend their own money to purchase it?
- Why do doctors re-use contaminated injections which can lead to the spread of HIV in rural villages?
- Why don t people renew disaster insurance even though typhoons happen so often?
At 17 Triggers we don t assume solutions will work, we test them and get feedback directly from end users. We do more than focus group discussions, we create real enough to feel prototypes that are tested over several days or weeks - behavioral trials that help us monitor actual human behavior rather than what people say they will do.
When conducting behavioral trials in the past, we have lived undercover in markets, used hidden cameras, conducted simulated sign up tests, and even tested a variety of IVR recordings with different messages, moods and tones. Your job will be to make these experiments run smoothly from start to finish. You will design testing methods that are flexible enough to change course in the field, which requires thinking of new ideas and iterating testing methods quickly. It s common for our research team to change plans in the field between interviews or even in the car on the way to the next testing site!
In summary, you will work on activities from planning, to researching, to testing, to training local partners, to finally synthesizing findings and presenting scalable recommendations back to the client.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Lead, design, and plan field research with multicultural teams and clients
- Conduct qualitative research including literature reviews, expert and user interviews, participatory action research, ethnographic research, in-context observation and human- centered research in general
- Facilitate and lead on ideation and prototyping methods of solutions for testing
- Develop field testing methodologies to test designed solutions while demonstrating flexibility and adaptability when changes occur during implementation
- Lead the implementation of behavioral trials by using iterative methods
- Develop and train research team on tools to collect data and synthesize information
- Analyze research findings in the field in order to pivot research directions as necessary
- Synthesize information and present key strategic recommendations and/or project implications to clients and/or stakeholders that are pragmatic, viable and reflecting the operational realities on the ground
- Use a range of presentation styles and methods (experiential, verbal, written formats) to deliver succinct and memorable presentations
- Write and capture project learnings and generate knowledge products for both internal and external audiences
Supervising & Leading Research Teams
- Collaborate and co-create with client teams and stakeholders through constructive and clear communication
- Plan and implement varied and appropriate research activities with the research team according to project timelines and milestone dates
- Ensure the implementation of user-centered testing, learning and iteration to find appropriate solutions for the target audience
- Provide quality control over all research and strategy activities within a project
- Introduce new research methods, tools, and techniques to the team and when possible, teach and coach junior team members how to use the new tools
- Design, lead and facilitate participatory workshops and events (eg. seminars, trainings, workshops, learning events)
- Facilitate customer journey mapping and ideation workshops with small and large groups
- Assist and lead on internal and external workshops, trainings and other facilitated events
We're looking for:
You are someone with laser focus and speed, capable of finding and solving the root causes. You deliver clear, brief and visual reports rather than long, sophisticated ones. You embrace iteration and can adapt quickly while guiding multicultural teams with different skills and capabilities. If last-minute changes to plans make you think ok, we can do this differently rather than oh no, we re doomed , then this is the job for you!
- You have 10+ years experience doing design research and strategy at a research, service design, design thinking or innovation firm, start-ups or advertising agency
- You have demonstrated experience designing and facilitating workshops/trainings
- You have a degree in international development, research, anthropology, behavioral economics/sciences, design, business design, innovation leadership, human-centered design, service design, user experience/systems design, etc.
- You are willing and excited to travel 40% of your time
- You know how to take charge, rally teams and deliver projects on time
- You bring in refreshing ideas, have a sense of humor and are fun to be around
- You have work experience with multilateral or bilateral agencies, NGO-type clients in a developing country
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
Bonus! Tell us if:
- You are fluent in Khmer or French language
- You have a Masters/graduate degree
- You have work experience in multiple developing countries (esp. in Asia or Africa)
- You have experience in curriculum or training design
- You have experience with financial inclusion, digital financial services and/or financial capabilities
Salary? Benefits? Yep, we got them too.
You will be part of an enthusiastic multidisciplinary team of people from all over the world. Besides the chance to contribute towards strengthening the impact of good causes, we offer some practical benefits as well. While we won t be able to offer a package that is anywhere near London or New York rates, we can offer you a very comfortable life with us here in Phnom Penh. Our offer starts with:
- A highly competitive salary package for being based in Cambodia
- A fantastic global health insurance package which covers 10 outpatient visits, emergency evacuation if necessary, etc.
- 3 weeks paid leave + 3 weeks paid national holidays
- Visa and work permit
- Some relocation expenses (i.e. One way plane ticket, a small baggage allowance of 250USD, plus one week housing allowance until you find a place to live)
- Home leave after 2 years working with us (one round trip ticket to your home country)
How to apply:
Interested? Check out our full job description hereand apply before 10 April 2017!
Cambodia: Chief Financial Officer (CFO)
Closing date: 2017-04-13Application : Apply for the job
Closing date: 13 Apr 2017
Dynamic CFO looking for the next career challenge
Globally competent, culturally sensitive people leader
Sharp financial acumen with entrepreneur skills
For those affected by trauma, and those who support them, Hagar is an expert in care and recovery. When healing happens the cycle of trauma stops.
Are you a highly experienced and capable CFO with financial experience in Non-profit Organization (NGO), looking for a role in an organisation that makes a significant impact on the lives of others?
Hagar International Foundation is seeking a CFO who leads, controls and develops those functions relating to the financial wellbeing of Hagar International Programme and Support Offices globally. This role will provide financial services and oversight of our three program offices and leadership of our financial systems and reporting across all 9 country offices. The role is based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia. The salary for this role will be negotiated on the bases of your qualifications and experience.
Hagar believes that with the right support and capabilities people can recover and take the lead in their own journey to wholeness.Hagar commits to four foundational values, which we seek to embed in our organizational culture and practice. Respect, Integrity, Compassion and Excellence.
Detailed Job Description and Key Selections criteriacan be found at the website Link to CFO role: http://www.hagarinternational.org/international/get-involved/employment/employment-and-volunteer-listings/cfo-chief-financial-officer/
How to apply:
Please send a Cover Letter with your CV and response to the Key Selection Criteriawith the subject: Application for Chief Financial Officerto Group Manager Human Resources email: email@example.com April 13, 2017.
Cambodia: Partnerships Volunteer
Closing date: 2017-04-30Application : Apply for the job
Closing date: 30 Apr 2017
Are you interested in supporting the teams who save lives and build futures? Then join us!
You will be joining the multi-disciplinary team of Friends-International(FI) comprised of over 600 professionals committed to creating innovative social services for youth, children and families worldwide.
What will you do?As a Partnerships Volunteer, you will support the Development Partnerships team to find, secure and develop partnerships that enable Friends-International to provide services to the most marginalized people in South East Asia.
Why volunteer with Friends-International?
If you re looking to learn about and build your experience in partnerships and fundraising, and see development projects first-hand, this role is perfect for you. Partnerships are vital to fuel NGO work, and this position will provide invaluable experience for your future career in development.
As a PARTNERSHIPS VOLUNTEER you will:
Learn all about FI s programs, projects and the people we help
Conduct in-depth research to identify prospective funding partners with specific interest in FI s work
Regularly scan Calls for Proposals and match them to FI s projects
Help plan, and support the coordination of, online fundraising appeals to engage and secure individual donors via numerous channels (i.e. email, social media, crowd funding, etc.); help create new campaigns/initiatives
Maintain databases, including data entry, clean-up and segmentation, as required
Provide support on ad hoc projects, administration and other partnership activities, as required
You are a dynamic team player who enjoys writing and supporting teams
You have degree level education; interest in fundraising preferable
You are interested in a career in international development and eager to learn from, and work with, a team of partnerships and communications professionals
You have a good understanding of fund development initiatives and some experience in raising funds / awareness for a not-for-profit cause
You have experience working with databases and email marketing tools
You have good working knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and web-based applications
You have strong writing skills and the ability to tailor writing styles to different audiences
You have strong communications skills and excellent attention to detail
You are flexible and have a high-degree of patience, open to working with people from a range of cultures
You are fluent in written and spoken English
You will be based in our Headquarters in Phnom Penh.
This is a voluntary, unpaid position and we expect you to commit at least 3 months.
Friends-International is a social enterprise that works with marginalized urban children and youth, their families and communities, to help them become independent and productive citizens of their country.
We drive an innovative network of government and non-government organizations working together to solve the problems children and youth face worldwide. The objective is to significantly improve the quality and impact of services to marginalized urban children and youth and related groups through an effective network of internationally recognized organizations. We have developed a holistic social integration cycle that is based on individual and community needs to achieve best practice methods directly or in collaboration with partners.
How to apply:
Join us by:
Submitting your cover letter with a CV to firstname.lastname@example.org the caption subject: Partnerships Volunteer.
Friends-International is an equal opportunity employer and the successful candidate will be selected based on merit.
The successful applicant will be expected to comply with Friends-International s Child Protection Policy.
Human Resources Assistant, Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Closing date: 2024-08-13
Deadline for applications:Tuesday, August 13, 2024 - 23:50
Contract type:Local Recruitment
Duty station:Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Contract level:Fixed Term appointment
Duration:The initial appointment is limited to one year only. Extension of the appointment is subject to extension of the mandate and/or the availability of the funds.
Recruiting Office:Human Resources Managerment
Date issued:Monday, July 14, 2014
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:Under the applicable law, and in accordance with the terms of the Agreement between the United Nations and the Royal Government of Cambodia, the Extraordinary Chambers in the Courts of Cambodia (ECCC) has jurisdiction to try senior leaders and those who were most responsible for the crimes and serious violations of Cambodian penal law, international humanitarian law and custom, and international conventions recognized by Cambodia, during the period of the Khmer Rouge regime from 17 April 1975 to 6 January 1979.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Human Resources Management Section (HRMS), and the direct supervision of the Associate Human Resources Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
Recruitment and placement:
- Processes applications for vacancies, including preparing and maintaining case files for candidates, ensuring and monitoring the transfer of files of candidates between offices, arranging for interviews, and entering data on candidates in summary tables.
- Assists in the filling of posts, including initiating and following-up on reference checks and academic verifications, ensuring the completion of the pre-recruitment formalities, calculating salaries and related benefits, and preparing and dispatching offers of appointment and Statement of Emoluments.
- Assists in the evaluation and screening of applications of candidates for secretarial, clerical and related categories positions.
- Maintains vacancy announcement files and tracks status of vacancy announcements.
- Coordinates with Offices and selected candidates on travel arrangements, visa matters and shipment of personal effects.
- Prepares agenda and provides relevant documentation required for recruitment related meetings.
- Prepares personnel actions.
Administration of entitlements:
- Reviews and processes requests for entitlements and claims.
- Assists in the review and processing of data pertaining to conditions of service.
- Provides general office support services; drafts and/or processes a variety of correspondence and other communications.
- Assists in the organization of training courses and workshops, provides logistics and administrative support to trainers.
- Sets up and maintains reference files/records (electronic and paper), including filling.
- Schedules appointments/meetings, monitors deadlines, etc.
- Maintains automated database containing HR related statistics and prepares periodic reports.
- Performs a variety of administrative duties (e.g. leave recording, request for office supplies and equipment, etc.).
- Performs other duties as required.
Competencies:During the interview, candidates will be asked to demonstrate that they possess the following competencies:
- Knowledge of the human resources policies, procedures and practices and ability to apply them in an organizational setting.
- Demonstrates use of initiative and makes appropriate linkages in work requirements and anticipates next steps.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements;
- demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter;
- is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results;
- is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns;
- shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges;
- remains calm in stressful situations.
- Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals;
- solicits input by genuinely valuing others' ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda
- before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position;
- shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Planning & Organizing:
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- identifiespriority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required;
- allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work;
- foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning;
- monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary;
- uses time efficiently.
- Considers all those to whom services are provided to be 'clients' and seeks to see things from clients' point of view;
- establishes and maintains productive partnerships with clients by gaining their trust and respect;
- identifies clients' needs and matches them to appropriate solutions;
- monitors ongoing developments inside and outside the clients' environment to keep informed and anticipate problems;
- keeps clients informed of progress or setbacks in projects;
- meets timeline for delivery of products or services to client.
- High school deploma or equivalent.
- At least 5 years of experience in Administration, Human Resource or a related area.
- Consideration for up to 3 years equivalent work experience may be given for candidates in possession of a university degree.
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat.
- For the post advertised, fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of another official United Nations language is an advantage.
ASSESSMENT METHOD:Evaluation of qualified candidates may include a technical assessment exercise which may be followed by competency based interview.
HOW TO APPLY:Candidates are requested to complete the 'Personal History Form' (P.11) available on the UNAKRT Website at http://www.unakrt-online.org/06_recruitment.htm, and submit their application mentioning the vacancy announcement number and functional title in the subject line of the email to the Human Resources Management Section, UNAKRT, to the following email address email@example.com.
Applications received after the deadline will not be accepted.
Due to the high volume of applications, no letters of acknowledgment will be sent. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs. (Charter of the United Nations-chapter 3, article 8).
This vacancy is open for Cambodian nationals only
THE UNITED NATIONS IS A NON-SMOKING ENVIRONMENT
Date of issuance: 14 July 2014