All UN jobs in Brussels, Belgium
|[Saved] Belgium: Specialised consultants in finance and business managementClosing date: 2016-12-08Organization: Belgian Development Agency Share|
|[Saved] Belgium: Program ManagerClosing date: 2016-12-12Organization: International Catholic Migration Commission Share|
|[Saved] Belgium: FIELD HR ADMINISTRATOR (m/f)Closing date: 2016-12-14Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières Share|
|[Saved] Belgium: FINANCE OFFICER – CELL 6 WANA (m/f)Closing date: 2016-12-18Organization: Médecins Sans Frontières Share|
|[Saved] Belgium: Grants ManagerClosing date: 2016-12-31Organization: Search for Common Ground Share|
|[Saved] Belgium: Responsable Administration-Finances-LogistiqueClosing date: 2016-12-31Organization: RCN Justice et Démocratie Share|
|[Saved] Belgium: Senior Policy and Advocacy OfficerClosing date: 2017-01-02Organization: Eurodad Share|
Save your search
Keywords : *
Duty Station : Brussels, Belgium
Create an email alert
Keywords : All
Duty Station : Brussels, Belgium
Only send email alerts when there are new jobs
Share job to a friend
Belgium: Specialised consultants in finance and business management
Closing date: 2016-12-08Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Belgian Development Agency
Closing date: 08 Dec 2016
The Trade for Development Centre (TDC) launches a call for coaching services in finance and business managementto producer cooperatives and SMEs. We are looking for specialised consultants.
You can find all information via: http://befair.be/en/content/tdc-launching-call-external-consultants-0
How to apply:
Belgium: Program Manager
Closing date: 2016-12-12Application : Apply for the job
Organization: International Catholic Migration Commission
Closing date: 12 Dec 2016
The International Catholic Migration Committee (icmc.net) is an international organization that has as its mission to protect and serve uprooted people, including refugees, asylum seekers, internally displaced people, victims of human trafficking, and migrants - regardless of faith, race, ethnicity or nationality. ICMC implements needs-first and right-based approaches, so as to prioritize assistance to the most vulnerable people in need of protection. We continuously work to restore the dignity of uprooted people and inspiring long-lasting change. ICMC headquarters is in Geneva with a liaison office in Brussels.
From early 2017 ICMC Europe , together with three partners AFFORD (Great Britain), FORIM (France) and Center for Migration Studies (Ghana), will start a 3 year EU funded programme Migration and Development Partnerships for rights-based migration and mobility governance in, from and to West Africa to be implemented in coordination with the global MADE programme (www.madenetwork.org)).
The overall objective of the action is to promote good governance of migration and mobility and protection of migrants rights in major migrant sending and receiving countries in the so called Rabat process region and along major migration corridors (within West Africa, between West Africa, North Africa and Europe) with a view to enhancing the development benefits of migration and mobility.
The project will strengthen capacities to engage in multilateral and national multi-stakeholder dialogues and improve the capacity of civil society and national/local State authorities to materialize and enhance intra- and inter-regional mobility; promote civil society s participation in labor migration governance to protect migrant workers and to improve how social partners, consular officials and labor attach s understand those rights; maximize the development impact of remittances by increasing States outreach and knowledge of their diaspora and by creating the necessary conditions for the replication of innovative cooperation frameworks between diaspora, development NGOs, national/local authorities and the private sector.
For the oversight and coordination of this programme ICMC, as the lead applicant, is looking for a dedicated and experienced programme manager), based in our office in Brussels,.
Main tasks and responsibilities of the position:
Oversight and coordination of the EU funded programme MADE West Africa - Migration and Development Partnerships for rights-based migration and mobility governance in, from and to West Africa .
Assure timely, correct and complete implementation of all activities, based on specific objectives: and in close contact and collaboration with the partners also the delivery of activities, outcomes and results of these partner components.
Create good and sustainable relations via webinars, regular physical and phone meetings, etc - between and with all partners involved to assure the programme is coherent, sustainable and all outcomes arrive at expected and defined qualities in time and according the donor requirements.
Building relations with possible donors (bilateral, multilateral, and private) for fundraising.
Coordinate, assure and deliver timely and complete reporting, both narrative and together with the finance officer
Lead and oversee the implementation of specific activities and related outcomes on integrating the migration element in education and employment policies and on guaranteeing respect of migrants rights (referring to the Rome Agreement of the EU) by developing, implementing (and/or coordinating) projects on capacity development for civil society, national/local authorities and other relevant stakeholders to protect and advocate for the protection of rights of migrants are enhanced thanks to a better understanding of the practical issues that prevent migrant workers to enjoy their rights in the target countries and identification of stakeholders that can contribute to tackle those obstacles.
Assure increased coordination between civil society organizations including migrant s workers associations and State authorities on these issues.
Structure the evaluation of SDG 8(8) in the target countries, in which civil society is involved.
Requirements for the position:
At least 5 years experience as a program manager for an international NGO, both in the field as at Headquarters.
Excellent knowledge and understanding of the West African region, preferable based on field experience.
Proven understanding of international migration challenges and EU-Africa migration policies and frameworks.
Proven experience of European Commission donor requirements (reporting, relationships).
Thorough understanding of project/program management techniques and methods.
Experience in project development, including experience with logframes.
Experience with working with international partners and able to build good, equal and respectful relationships, also on distance .
Experienced in managing small, multi-cultural team.
Outstanding leadership and organizational skills.
Excellent communication skills.
Excellent problem-solving ability.
Knowledge of capacity development for civil society and national/local governments
Masters (or equivalent) degree in one of the following or related areas migration,
social sciences, international relations, politics.
- Excellent English and French writing skills and good editorial skills.
The position includes regular travel to the West Africa region. Position will start as soon as possible no later as February 1.
A full time position (or 80% open to discussion)
A fixed-term contract for 3 years
A competitive NGO salary on the basis of level and years of experience
A dynamic, international and compassionate work environment in a small office, warmly welcoming creative initiative and ideas
An exciting position, with the possibility of international travel
How to apply:
How to apply
If you are interested to apply, please send us a Curriculum Vitae(no more than 2 pages)*,* and a motivation letter explaining who you are and why you would like to work with us in this position. Please indicate your ability to work in Brussels. Applications are to be sent firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly include MADE Programme Manager in the email subject line.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 12 December 2016.Applications will be evaluated upon receiptand interviews will be scheduled over the course January 2017. Shortlisted candidates may be asked to submit two professional references. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
ICMC is committed to equal opportunities for applicants and employees, and strives for a diverse and balanced workforce. All applications will be treated with confidentiality.
Belgium: FIELD HR ADMINISTRATOR (m/f)
Closing date: 2016-12-14Application : Apply for the job
Organization: M decins Sans Fronti res
Closing date: 14 Dec 2016
B A C K G R O U N D
Within the MSF HR department, the Field Administration Unit is in charge of the administrative management of departures and returns of the expatriate staff. The Field HR administrator will be part of a team of 10 field HR administrators, each of them in charge of a changing set of countries.
J O B P R O F I L E
As field HR administrator you will be the main focal point for the administrative follow-up of the expatriates upon departure to and return from the field.
To organize these departures and returns, you will play a hands-on role in
- Travel bookings to and from the field
Visa and work permits for your country portfolio
Schengen visa for Brussels
Organisation of briefing and debriefing sessions
Management of expatriate contracts
Providing to the expatriate staff the necessary information and answer his/her questions about the terms and conditions of working with MSF.
Your will also act as a technical referent for expatriates, and internally in the Brussels office in terms of
Belgian social and fiscal legislation
End of contract management
Visa restrictions and work permits for your country portfolio
MSF Field benefit rules
W E A R E L O O K I N G F O R
The successful candidate will hold a Bachelor/Masters Degree in Human Sciencesand have a relevant professional experience of minimum 2 yearsin administration and/or Human Resources
We are looking for a well organised and methodical person, a real team player, able to perform in a changing environment.
In our international environment we look for a candidate with excellent knowledge of French and English. A high level of Dutchwill be much appreciated.
W H A T W E O F F E R
Fixed-term contract 1 year extendible - Full-time - Based in Brussels
Hospital insurance (DKV) - pension plan - canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transport costs
Starting date: 1stof February 2017 or 01st of March 2017
How to apply:
Interested? Send your letter of motivation and your CV before 14/12/2016, to Muriel Moussiaux, Rue de l Arbre B nit 46, 1050 Brussels, Belgium.E-mail :Recruit-HQ-HR@brussels.msf.org
Belgium: FINANCE OFFICER – CELL 6 WANA (m/f)
Closing date: 2016-12-18Application : Apply for the job
Organization: M decins Sans Fronti res
Closing date: 18 Dec 2016
The Finance Officer is part of the Operations Cell. The FinOff is accountable for the finance of the missions in his/her portfolio. The FinOff controls, supports and coaches the financial coordinators of the missions in his her portfolio. He/She ensures that Management Control, Budgeting & Forecasting, internal control and financial analysis functions are accurate and performed according to standard policies and processes. He acts as referent for the Fincos and as such, contributes to the objective of ensuring an optimal use of resources.
This position is not tied to any specific context. Countries are indicative, as a re-shuffling of the portfolio within the operations department occurs on a regular basis.
The Finoffs reports both to the Coordinator of Operations (line manager) and Operational Finance Coordinator (functional manager).
Presently, in the portfolio of programmes of cell 6 are the operations of MSF in Lebanon, Syria and Turkey
Ensures that the financial means, policies and guidelines are relevant and appropriate and that are well managed in the missions.
In collaboration with his/her Cell s members, coordinates, centralizes and supports the mission budget process and ensures consistency of budget with plan of action, ensures set-up and means are relevant and appropriate.
Guides and challenges the field in the preparation and analyses of the monthly follow up of budget and calculation of the forecast.
Promotes and supports efficiency analyses and key indicators at mission levels, and propose corrective actions.
Guides the Financial coordinators and supports the CO on the risk analysis and mitigation measures.
Prepares the annual cash-flow for the missions, validates and ensures monthly cash-flow.
Supports the Cell s coordinator in the missions donors mapping and provides the needed information to Accountancy and Funding referents.
Collaborates and supports the development of tools, ad hoc dossiers and actively participates to other activities (trainings, Finco week.)
Ensures the needed support to his/her cell s team on all financial issues.
Ensures a good communication and information flow within the cell, the finance department and the missions of his/her portfolio on all financial and related issues.
Guides, coaches, advise the fincos and carries out their performance evaluation.
Profile of the ideal candidate
University degree in management, business administration or finance (bachelor s degree level) or equivalent working experience
Minimum 1 year mission for MSF or other humanitarian International NGO and/or minimum 3/5 years relevant managerial experience, with demonstrated skills in budget management
Strong knowledge in financial tools and management
Advanced knowledge of Excel
Good writing and reporting skills
Comprehensive knowledge of humanitarian intervention.
Based in HQ (Brussels) with field visits (once a year per country)
Knowledge of the Middle East is an asset
English speaker. Arabic is a strong asset
Development and maintenance of alternatives / so called out of the box / flexible approaches to respond to the specificities of the WANA context, is required.
What we offer
Open-ended contract, full-time, based in Brussels
Hospital Insurance (DKV) Pension Plan Canteen - 100% reimbursement for public transportation costs
Starting date for position is January 2017
How to apply:
Deadline for applications : 19/12/2016
Interested candidates should send a letter of motivation and curriculum vitae by e-mail to B atrice Barbot, Recruit-HQ-Operations@brussels.msf.org, with the following reference: Finance Officer Cell 6
Belgium: Grants Manager
Closing date: 2016-12-31Application : Apply for the job
Organization: Search for Common Ground
Closing date: 31 Dec 2016
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) is an international non-profit organization which promotes peaceful resolution of conflict. With headquarters in Washington, DC and in Brussels, Search s mission is to transform how individuals, organizations, and governments deal with conflict - away from adversarial approaches and toward cooperative solutions. Search seeks to help conflicting parties understand their differences and act on their commonalities.
For over three decades, Search has been a leader in implementing innovative conflict transformation programs in Africa, Asia, Europe, and the Middle East, and in documenting its experiences and evidence for the broader field. With approximately 700 Staff, and offices in 60 cities and in 49 countries around the world, we are a global organization which draws on local insight and in-depth knowledge. Nearly 90% of our Staff work in their home countries, and many more work in their home regions. Search s programs are organized into both geographic regional programs and technical units focused on thematic issues (Media, Youth, Research & Learning, etc.).
The organization is an exciting and rewarding place in which to work, with dedicated and enthusiastic Staff, who are committed to its mission and values. You will be joining a highly motivated team with a good team spirit.
Search in Brussels
Search for Common Ground s Brussels headquarters is a highly effective presence for the organization in the heart of the European Union (EU), the primary purpose of which is to help advance Search s organizational priorities by engaging with, influencing, and fundraising from, the EU and European bilateral governments, which compose Search s largest funding base.
Summary of Position
Search for Common Ground (SFCG) seeks a Grants Manager to be a member of the SFCG Global Finance team. The position holder will work closely with the Brussels office, Washington-based divisions and field-based teams within Search for Common Ground. The position reports to the Controller based in Washington, DC, and will support the work of the Executive Vice President, based in Brussels, Belgium. The purpose of the position is to perform financial management and accounting in a professional, efficient, effective, and compliant manner to maintain and strengthen the effectiveness of the award management life cycle and continue to earn the confidence of donors. The position-holder will assist in managing grants and contracts from the proposal stage to final award close-out, with the primary focus on grants from the European Commission and other multilaterals and European entities. This will include supporting the program teams to design proposal budgets; the preparation of periodic grant financial reports and invoices; ensuring proper management of grants and contracts throughout project implementation, including monitoring burn-rates and cash flow, and providing guidance on how to avoid disallowed costs; monitoring timing and completion of project audits and working with the program implementers to continuously improve the financial grants management and resolve any identified findings; monitoring compliance by reviewing supporting documentation for all project costs, both for corporate and field-based program expenses; and, in addition, will handle special projects as assigned from time to time by the Executive Vice President.
- Manage the assigned portfolio of grants and contracts from the proposal stage to final close-out;
- Play the role of a team leader in working with the finance, grants, and program teams in the country field offices to ensure successful project implementation;
- Contribute to the building of international relationships with internal and external partners;
- Coordinate the designing of grant and contract budgets with field offices, ensuring compliance and financial accuracy and reasonableness, and submit them with recommendations for approval to the Controller;
- Prepare accurate financial reports for timely submission to donors in compliance with the financial reporting requirements of the donor;
- Maintain up-to-date data on the SharePoint Finance portal relating to all proposals and awards in the assigned portfolio;
- Upload final award budgets into the system and manage budget revisions from time to time;
- Manage exchange rate fluctuations proactively with the project managers;
- Monitor spending in relation to budgets within donor specified line-item flexibility;
- Ensure full compliance with corporate policy and donor regulations and stipulations;
- Provide guidance to field offices on contractual and accounting matters;
- Work directly with Regional Finance Managers and Project Finance Managers in Headquarters to ensure accurate and complete accounting on awards;
- Monitor receivables, drawdowns, invoicing and collections from donors on awards in the portfolio;
- Monitor audit requirements and support field offices as needed during the audit engagements;
- Liaise (in consultation with the Project Finance Managers and Controller) with external auditors on the verification of supporting documents for program financial audits;
- Support the Controller and Regional Finance Managers in capacity-building activities for field offices;
- Mentor the Country Finance Managers in EU reporting and grant management skills.
- Develop expertise and train on EU and European government regulations, specifically in the areas of financial policies and transfer knowledge to program and finance staff at Country level.
- Prepare a Field Financial Grants Management Manual for Field Offices on EU grant policies and procedures;
- Work closely with the Washington-based project and finance staff to ensure capture of and proper recordation of Brussels-based office costs into the organizational accounting system;
- Process local payments for the Brussels office running costs under the direction of the Director, Financial Reporting, as may be required;
- Assist with the Belgian regulatory review and support DC and Belgian annual audits, as may be required; and
- Other special projects and duties as assigned from time to time. As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the position holder may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Bachelor s degree in finance, accounting, auditing, or related field;
- Minimum of five years progressive financial and/or grants management experience with an NGO in a similar job capacity;
- Minimum of two years of direct work experience in financial grants management under the regulations of the European Commission, as well as other Multilaterals and Belgian and/or other European Donors;
- Strong grasp of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and experience in compliance with International Accounting Standards (IAS) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS);
- Experience with US Government grants and contracts management is a plus;
- Ability to efficiently and effectively prepare budgets using Microsoft Excel;
- Ability to monitor and report on project budgets, effectively communicate compliance with donor rules and regulations and aptly liaise with auditors on accounting and grants management issues;
- Solid leadership and strong oral and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills and ability to meet deadlines;
- Ability to work well under pressure with strong attention to detail;
- English fluency and French proficiency (including written);
- Ability to travel overseas to SFCG country offices on short notice; and
- Eligibility to work in Belgium.
Commensurate with experience and education, with excellent benefits
How to apply:
Belgium: Responsable Administration-Finances-Logistique
Closing date: 2016-12-31Application : Apply for the job
Organization: RCN Justice et D mocratie
Closing date: 31 Dec 2016
RCN Justice & D mocratie est une ONG belge et m ne depuis 1994 des programmes de d veloppement de la justice et d appui au syst me judiciaire et aux acteurs de la soci t civile dans divers pays (actuellement en RD Congo, Rwanda, Burundi, Tchad, S n gal).
Le si ge de l association, bas Bruxelles, est compos d une dizaine de salari s appuy s par une demi-douzaine de stagiaires et b n voles. RCN J&D recherche actuellement un Responsable Administration-Finances-Logistique (RAFL). Le contrat propos est un contrat dur e ind termin e.
Le Responsable AFL :
- rend compte et travaille en troite collaboration avec la Direction
- coordonne une quipe de deux salari s (adjointsFinances et RH/Admin-Logistique) et deux b n voles au si ge
- assure l int rim des adjoints Finances et RH/Admin en cas d absence.
- travaille en collaboration avec les responsables de programmes bas s au si ge
- supervise techniquement le travail des coordonnateurs Administration-Finances-Logistique en poste sur les terrains
Gestion Financi re
- Coordination de la qualit financi re et administrative des demandes de financement, en conformit avec les modalit s impos es par les bailleurs de fonds et des besoins de l organisation en termes de couverture budg taire
- Gestion du budget global de l association (compilation, aide aux d cisions strat giques, suivi) et pr sentation et reporting la Direction et au Conseil d Administration (CA)
- Coordination et appui la gestion des finances et des op rations comptables (planification, gestion du suivi budg taire, consolidation des comptes annuels de l association, supervision de la comptabilit (si ge et terrain) et r daction des rapports financiers)
- R daction et am lioration des proc dures internes
Gestion Administrative, Logistique (y compris la s curit ) et des Ressources Humaines
- Coordination et appui ponctuel la gestion administrative, logistique (y compris la s curit ) et des Ressources Humaines
- Coordination de l am lioration des proc dures internes
- Recrutement du personnel AFL expatri et national
- Formation et encadrement des coordonnateurs AFL des terrains
- Assurance du respect des obligations l gales de l association en Belgique
Profil recherch :
- Dipl me universitaire en gestion, finances ou quivalent
- Exp rience professionnelle d au moins 5 ans
- La connaissance du secteur de la coop ration au d veloppement en Belgique et au niveau international est un atout
- Exp rience en gestion budg taire, comptabilit , logistique et administration
- Exp rience de terrain dans un poste d administration, finances et logistique (la r gion des Grands Lacs) est un atout
- Capacit prioriser, organiser et coordonner le travail d une quipe, y compris distance
- Disponibilit pour des missions l tranger
- Sens des responsabilit s et r sistance au stress
- Connaissance du fran ais et de l anglais. Le n erlandais est un atout
- Facilit dans les relations humaines, diplomatie et bonne communication
- Ma trise du pack Office indispensable (particuli rement Excel)
- Ma trise de la comptabilit en partie double (la connaissance des logiciels WINBOOKS, SAGA et BOB50 est un atout) ;
- Int r t pour le domaine de la Justice et des Droits de l Homme.
Dur e: RCN Justice & D mocratie propose un contrat dur e ind termin e
Quand: Prise de poste au plus tard le 1er mars 2017
Conditions: salaire brut conforme au secteur prenant en compte l exp rience, ch ques-repas, prime de fin d ann e, frais professionnels forfaitaires, 28 jours de cong par an.
How to apply:
Une lettre de motivation accompagn e d un CV ainsi que les coordonn es de minimum 3 r f rences doivent tre adress s en fran ais le 31 D cembre 2016 au plus tard par email Patrica Kela , email@example.com, en mentionnant Responsable AFL dans l objet du mail. Les candidats sont invit s mentionner leurs disponibilit s dans la lettre de motivation. Des informations sur RCN Justice & D mocratie sont accessibles sur le site www.rcn-ong.be
RCN J&D se r serve la possibilit de finaliser la s lection avant la date de cl ture de r ception des candidatures. Merci pour votre compr hension.
Seuls les candidats retenus seront contact s.
Belgium: Senior Policy and Advocacy Officer
Closing date: 2017-01-02Application : Apply for the job
Closing date: 02 Jan 2017
The purpose of this role is to help ensure that Eurodad s exciting work improving the effectiveness of aid and of pushing for a radical change in the way publicly-backed private finance is used is based on robustly researched analysis, with a strong advocacy focus, and that Eurodad continues to build strong coalitions for change. The role involves strategy development, research, monitoring and analysing policy developments, information sharing, advocacy and networking.
The successful candidate will work at the cutting edge of development finance policy campaigns for transformative change. They will be responsible for advocacy, coalition building and research and will require policy analysis skills with strong interpersonal communication and be self-motivated with the ability to plan, organise and implement under their own initiative. They will have experience of working with advocacy-focussed civil society groups or similar organisations. They will need to speak and write English to a very high standard.
How to apply:
For more details and information on how to apply click here.