Secretary- for Roster purposes
|Closing Date : 2017-01-31|
Duty Station : Copenhagen, Denmark
See all 3 jobs in Copenhagen, Denmark
Application : Apply for the job
The mission of WHO is the attainment by all peoples of the highest possible level of health.
Vacancy Notice No:EURO/16/ROST50
Title: Secretary- for Roster purposes
Contract type: Rosters
Duration of contract: Roster for temporary appointments in the secretarial/administrative stream
Date:15 December 2016
Application Deadline:31 January 2017
(46 day(s) until closing deadline)
Currently accepting applications
Duty Station:Copenhagen, Denmark
Organization unit:EU Europe (EU) /
EURO Europe Regional Office (EU/RGO)
Description of duties:
As part of the unit team, the incumbent provides a variety of secretarial and administrative services in support of the
project/programme activities of the technical unit as follows:
1) Assists with the recruitment of consultants and temporary advisers, and processes committal
documents and related correspondence for goods and services.
2) Assists with the administrative preparation and conduct of regional meetings and educational
activities, in accordance with established procedures.
3) Drafts correspondence and documents based on written/verbal prompts from the Professional staff of the unit. Composes and
finalizes correspondence of administrative nature. Provides rough translation of incoming mail. Takes notes at meetings. Types
reports and other documentation.
4) Makes travel arrangements for duty travels and, in accordance with established procedures, initiates travel requests.
5) Creates background files and compiles reference material as appropriate. Accesses and retrieves information from relevant
databases and updates as required.
6) Responds to and acts on telephone enquiries and requests for information. Coordinates appointments for supervisor and
organizes programmes for visitors.
7) Performs other related duties as required
Completion of secondary school or equivalent.
Additional relevant higher education an advantage.
Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office package.
1) Communicating in a credible and effective way - The incumbent must be able to express him or herself clearly and in a
structured and credible manner ensuring appropriate information sharing within the programme/organization.
2) Moving forward in a changing environment - The incumbent must be willing and able to adapt to a changing environment and
priorities while maintaining positive attitude in support of new ideas.
3) Knowing and managing yourself - Works productively in an environment where clear information or direction is not always
available. Remains productive when under pressure.
4) Fostering integration and teamwork - The incumbent must see him or herself as a team member and work accordingly toward
5) Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences: The incumbent must be willing and able to work in a multi-cultural
environment, open to ideas and values which may differ from those of incumbent.
At least four years' experience in the secretarial/administrative field.
Experience in WHO/UN an asset.
(NB: WHO only considers higher educational qualifications obtained from an accredited institution.)
ENGLISH: Read, Write, Speak - Excellent (fluency/advanced) knowledge.
WHO EURO 2nd official languages:
Applications from those with RUSSIAN language skills are particularly welcome. French and German an asset.
(Priority will be given to candidates with a second official language).
Knowledge of other languages an asset.
This is a LOCAL vacancy and as such, only qualified applicants residing within commuting distance of Copenhagen will be considered.
Candidates must possess a valid residency and work permit for Denmark.
WHO does not cover any expenses related to participation in tests and/or interviews.
Short-listed candidates will be contacted to sit a written test for language and PC skills prior to a competency-based interview in order to qualify for the roster.
Annual salary:(Net of tax)
Danish Kroner 22489 at single rate
n/a with primary dependants
This vacancy notice may be used to fill other similar positions at the same grade level.
Online applications are strongly encouraged to enable WHO to store your profile in a permanent database. Please visit WHO's e-Recruitment website at: www.who.int/employment. The system provides instructions for online application procedures.
All applicants are encouraged to apply online as soon as possible after the vacancy has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the vacancy announcement.
WHO is committed to workforce diversity.
Any appointment/extension of appointment is subject to WHO Staff Regulations, Staff Rules and Manual. Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
Currently accepting applications
To apply off-line, please read further instructions here
WHO has a smoke-free environment and does not recruit smokers or users of any form of tobacco.